Friday, June 15, 2007

A Home for Kaleo


If you’ve been reading our prayer emails or our newsletters you’ve heard me say that God’s fingerprints are all over this adventure. Well this time His print is in the form of a meeting facility. We passed by this place the first time we were in Bakersfield and David Limiero the pastor of Life Journey Church in Bakersfield mentioned that it might be worth looking into as a place to meet. Then we passed by it again with our realtor, an elder at NorthEast Christian Church, and he said he knew the owners because they attended his church as kids. Then when we hit town we were visiting Christ Church of the Valley and noticed they were having an event there, Becky asked Amberly Neese, the lead pastors wife, about it and she said the owners attended and were active at CCV. So about this time (I’m apparently a little slow on the uptake) I decide maybe God’s doing something and call the owners Mike and Shari to see if I can come and see the facility and talk about the possibility of renting it. After touring the place with Mike and realizing we couldn’t possibly hope for a better place. Mike tells me they would love to have us in the facility and they wouldn’t charge us anything to use it. After picking my jaw up off the floor, Mike explained to me that he couldn’t charge me rent because he didn’t own the building. After pausing just long enough for me to start wondering about sub-leasing problems, He tells me that the owner is God and he’s pretty sure He won’t mind. : )
You can see more pictures of the inside of the facility at http://web.mac.com/sbcole just click on A Home for Kaleo.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

yeah, God is so good. Brent, I am so proud of you guys. I know that God has HUGE plans to use you guys out there and that this adventure and rollercoaster ride was all a part of his plan to make your faith strong...you have stood the test so far and it is SO exciting to see all of this unfold before you. Press on! This is exciting stuff. You are all in our prayers. Can't wait to see you tomorrow