Saturday, December 1, 2007

Preview Preview

We set everything up this evening at the facility for our preview service tommorrow, and the worship team practiced. God blessed us with an amazing bucnch of volunteers, some of whom I hadn't met until tonight. It was a great night for counting blessings and letting God be God. I have to admit I'm a bit of a control freak (although I retain the right to deny it to my wife). I would have loved to have made sure everything was just so in childrens ministry, on the sound board in hospitality etc. but there was no way I could be everywhere. In fact because of some misunderstandings about how the facility was being used tonight, what I had planned ahead of time was flipped upside down forcing us to use volunteers differently than we had planned and forcing me to let go even more. But our launch team did incredible and the people they recruited were amazing and the people who just showed up were amazing. So we're basically ready to roll for tommorrow. I can't wait to see what God has planned. It is an immense privilage to be a called to church planting-to get a front row seat to what God does to reach those who don't yet know Him. Another huge blessing is that Jeff and Courtney some of our great friends from b'ville are here. Not only have they been a great help, it's just nice to enjoy this with old friends. New friends are great, but there's something special about the comfort of being with people who you've experienced the extremes of life with, great joys and pains create compounds that don't break down easily. Thanks God for letting me be a part of all this.

featured on newchurches.com

2 comments:

Marci said...

We are anxiously waiting to hear how it went. So glad the Bergs are there with you!

Jeff Maness said...

How did preview go? Exciting times man. Cherish your launch team.