Monday, August 6, 2007

Weakness and Glory

…“My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (1Cor. 12:9-10)

It's been one of those days. The administrative details are piling up. I'm emensely thankful for the planters who have gone before us, and the people and organizations who have gathered best practices and are passing them on. God has blessed us with relationships with people and organizations who are dedicated to helping Church planters in general and us in particular. PTL!
However, there are always details that have to be addressed by the planter, this week is full of those and I can see no light at the end of the tunnel. So many administrative tasks… so little administrative ability. And so I hang on to the truth of this verse. I told God several years ago I wanted to be a part of something bigger than me by a long shot, something that could only be accomplished if God came through in a big way.
I'm feeling that prayer being answered. If Kaleo goes on to reach hundreds or thousands of people with the message of God's love it will be because God moved beyond the gifts and abilities He's given me, our staff, and launch team and made it happen in His strength. So I'll boast now in my weaknesses because my desire and prayer is that God will do something so amazing that it will be obvious that He made it happen; that no one will ever think for one moment that we had the leadership skills, charisma, organizational sense, creativity or any other abilty to make it happen.

featured on newchurches.com

1 comment:

Courtney said...

you are doing a great job (IN HIM!) I am amazed at His grace and power through you...(that might make you think I meant you were weak, but whatever way you choose to look at it I meant it positively) :)
Hang in there!